Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday!

In December we celebrated our little boy's 5th birthday! Yes, I realize it is mid January now, better late than never right!! He wanted a Star Wars party and a Darth Vadar cake. Well, Vadar's head is all black, not really sure how to do shading very well in frosting so I convinced him to have R2D2 on his cake. It turned out well and he loved it!

 He wanted the cake to be blue so it looked like R2 was flying, check. Next he wanted me to make God's hand so that it looked like he was holding R2, uh, no. I thought that was really cute, and very much like C, but Michelangelo I am not. So it is just R2 on a blue cake.
  The cake was a french vanilla cake made with cream soda (to be egg free for C) with butter cream icing. I would like to start experimenting with more flavors of cakes, but the boxes are so easy and so yummy!!
 M's birthday is next month and she wants to  have a "baking bash"! We are going to do some pretty cupcakes! I am really excited!

1 comment:

  1. MoCo,

    Go to your Template designer and try different background templates. "Picture Window" (blue square) or "Awesome Inc" or "Travel" are the templates I have found that work thebest with my backgrounds.

    ~Ashlie
    Dotty Dot Dot FREE Blogger Backgrounds

    ReplyDelete