Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday I made a cake for a friend that should have been easy. Nothing went right all day! I dropped one of the cakes when I was putting it on the cooling rack, I didn't soften the butter or cream cheese before I tried to mix it, as a result I couldn't get all the bumps out and had to pick them out of the icing as I decorated and they clogged all the tips, and I thinned the icing out too much and it was hard to decorate with.  I was going to start my next cake last night, but decided to wait until today. I needed bad cake day to be behind me. I am not going to post a picture of the cake I didn't care for because I want you to hire me!!

Today I woke up and got to work. The kids helped me cut leaves out of fondant the other day. (this cake is for my family Thanksgiving). So today I baked a french vanilla cake with cream soda (egg free for C). Butter cream icing and covered in fondant and fondant leaves. I think it turned out pretty well.

I actually envisioned this cake last year. On that occasion I tried to make a cake from scratch and fondant from scratch and nothing went as planned. So I tried again this year. I am pretty happy.  So have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment