Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day cupcakes

I don't really have much to say about these cupcakes:) We were having some college students come over (my husband is a pastor for college students) last night and I like to try to make something homemade when they are coming over. So since it was St. Patrick's day, I thought I would make these! I think they turned out pretty cute and they were yummy!
I used green food coloring to color the cake batter.


And I went back to an old recipe for buttercream icing. I usually use all shortening and no butter or milk simply because I don't have the space to refrigerate cake. But I remember liking it better with the butter and milk. Oh boy, it was yummy!! And I colored it orange. Being protestant I was taught we wear orange on St. Patrick's Day, so I wanted to include orange.




Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment