Sunday, November 14, 2010

Allergy Friendly

I have been testing a few recipes for egg free cakes recently. My son C has an egg allergy and his birthday is next month so I have been trying very hard to find a yummy recipe because he really looks forward to his cake every year. A few people told me about using a can of pop in a cake mix. You use any can of pop and a cake mix of your choice and that's it. We chose triple chocolate fudge and 7up. It was pretty yummy:) The combination of flavors is nearly endless! Anyhow, then I let my little girl M pick what to put on the cake. So she picked Hello Kitty.

So I found a basic picture of Hello Kitty and decided to try it freehand. Well she kind of looked like a pig so I scraped it off and tried again!:) And my sweet hubby J told me that this may be his favorite cake I have done yet! (even though it is pink and Hello Kitty!)






I am hoping to do a cake with fondant soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This is one my favorite cakes toooooooooo!
    And the Princess and the frog.
    I like girly. :)

    Can't wait to see your next creation.

    ReplyDelete