Thursday, November 11, 2010

Creative Outlet

So, I really feel like decorating cakes is my creative outlet. I am not artistic, but I have always wanted to be. I have always wanted to be able to paint or to draw. So when I discovered I was half way decent at this, I was super excited! I still have trouble doing much free hand, but there are ways around it!

I made this cake last week end for "S". My "ways around it" didn't work so well and I had to do most of it freehand. It takes a lot longer because I check and recheck multiple times before I put a line down just to make sure it's right. The one wing is a little off, but I was pretty proud of my freehandedness! (Yeah I know that's not a word, but I like it!) "S" liked the cake and his little sister "J" is already planning what she wants on hers in June. I'll take that as a win!


It's an x-wing fighter from Star Wars, in case you didn't know. And I was so proud that "S" knew the little blue dot was R2D2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment