Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Phase 2

So, things didn't got exactly as planned today with phase 2. I planned to make some black fondant letters and curly cues. I bought prepackaged fondant because it is hard to make fondant (or icing) really black. So I bought Duff brand fondant. It is really nice and soft, but soft isn't always good with fondant. And black fondant is hard because you have to use powdered sugar so that it doesn't stick to the work surface. So then you have to clean all of the powdered sugar off. The letters didn't look like I wanted them to when I tried to cut them out, so I went a different route:

 I am going to trim it down a smidge and then it will go on a bigger rectangle of gold buttercream icing. I used a stencil and filled it in with buttercream and it is on a fondant background.

The curly cues are giving me a bit of trouble today too! Only because I painted some water on them to get the powdered sugar off, so they aren't dry yet. But I am sure they will be great!

I am anxious to see how they all turn out!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so anxious to see the final result!!!!! So exciting. GO STEELERS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete